Jul 03 , 2020
We create so many memories during the holidays from little moments, big moments, happy moments, sad moments, first times and last times. Recording memories from the present (and the past) might just give your future self a smile, a laugh or a reminiscent tear.
But hey, I know your to-do list is about the size of Santa's naughty list. So I brainstormed a bunch of ideas so you don't have to! Just pick one or two (or three or four) and blog about it!
Here are 35 holiday blog post ideas perfect for bringing out your storytelling side:
- Tell a funny/embarrassing/heartwarming/heartbreaking/happy story about the holidays from your childhood.
- How has the meaning of Christmas/Hannukah/Kwanzaa changed for you since you were a kid?
- Share the story the behind a holiday dish or dessert you like to make.
- Share a holiday picture from your childhood with the story behind it.
- Describe your favorite smell of the holidays.
- Tell your readers the meaning behind fave ornament.
- Showcase pictures of your tree over the years, sharing what's changed and hasn't changed.
- What do you want your kids to remember about the holidays?
- Share the backstory behind a favorite holiday tradition.
- What's your most/least favorite holiday tradition?
- Describe your favorite holiday decorations.
- What's the farthest you've traveled for the holidays? Or that someone has traveled to visit you?
- Share the story behind the best gift you've ever received (or your child's favorite gift).
- Describe how holiday shopping makes you feel (crummy, stressed, like an adrenaline rush).
- Showcase behind-the-scenes photos of decorating your house (boxes of stuff, broken ornaments, tree at different stages of decoration).